Forgiveness is a journey we all must take part in at some point in our life. Its a journey of self healing and is definitely not an easy path to walk, neither it is natural to forgive ourselves and others from the guilt, pain, resentment and bitterness etched on our hearts.
Forgiveness is about YOU. Your life, your heart, your health – ALL YOU.
Holding on to what has hurt you – Keeps your mind, body and soul filled with negativity. It festers and rots, as it digs deeper into you over time. The longer you let it live in you, the harder it is to let go.
Here “Let go” does not mean you “forget”, neither does it mean “you excuse the act”.
However, what I want you to “Let go” of what is blocking you from experiencing a peaceful and happy future.
Forgiveness is a way of thought, its a part of positive living.
Some positive affects of Forgiveness are:
Greater spiritual and psychological well-being
Less anxiety, stress and hostility
Lower blood pressure
Fewer symptoms of depression
Stronger immune system
Improved heart health
How to Forgive?
1. First, take the time to acknowledge the adverse effects of holding on to the grudge has brought on you and your life.
2. Second, you must actively set your mind and heart to Forgive with the understanding of how it benefits your life and those who you love.
3. Take control of your life, let go of the Victim – Offender Power relationship. Do not allow anyone to have power over your thoughts, feelings and future.
4. Express: Write your feelings, wants and wishes. Both negative and positive. Write every small detail on a piece of paper or a journal. Let it all go on paper and when you are ready, you are truly ready – Burn it. Let the fire engulf all that was expressed and release you of what has so long occupied you.
5. Live a Happier and Healthier Life.